Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

Who Am I?

I am an Ottawa resident who loves to cycle.

Okay, that is the short answer and is not the most original statement. The longer answer is that I am a person passionate about living life to its fullest and love infecting others through activity with this interest. I am setting off on a 12,000km journey from Cairo to Cape Town because I love being on my bicycle and want others world wide to share in my passion for active living.

During my undergrad in mechanical engineering, I became involved in the sport of adventure racing. In this sport, competitors race for 36 hours continuously on mountain bikes, in canoes, on foot and over fixed ropes in a team of four with only a map and compass to lead us through the course. This taught me that no matter what conditions, together we can accomplish great and inconceivable things that alone would be nearly impossible.

Now finishing my Master's degree here in Ottawa, I am embarking on this journey as the next step in that lesson. Together we can accomplish the impossible. With your donations to the Tour d'Afrique Foundation (see below) or just your support by spreading this word and following along this tour on this website, we can accomplish a number of things: help some residents of some of the poorest nations in the world receive better care while simultaneously proliferating the bicycle as a viable means of transportation.

Be a part of the tour; support with a donation or just follow along!





<< Home
-->

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?